Monday, March 4, 2013

Precious Object--Morinaga Milk Caramel 森永牛奶糖

      Having a toothache for one week already, I regretted that I should not eat too many caramel candies. Shipped overseas for twice, I could imagine the warmth of my mother through the candies.

During the Christmas holidays in 2012, my mom mailed a huge box of food and clothing to me, which including variety of delicious cookies, candies, handmade sweaters and a dozen of caramel candies. Not telling me about the package, she wanted to give me a surprise; however, I went to Canada for a whole week, so that the package was sent back to Taiwan in 5 days. That’s indeed a surprise for her.

These caramel candies accompany with my growing when I was a little girl. In those old days, parents rarely spent money to buy snacks for kids. Only in special events, we could have some treats like this kind of caramel candy to eat, because they were not too expensive to buy. That’s why the candies are not only a kind of sweets, but also the memories of the old days, my passed childhood. In deed, they also remind me that I am always a precious girl of my Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a disaster with that parcel! I have had many mishaps like that over the years!

    ReplyDelete